Who can apply
- Applications are invited from charities registered with the Charity Commission, Charitable Incorporated Organisations (CIO), Community Interest Companies (CIC), companies limited by guarantee with charitable objects or community and voluntary groups with a constitution. Constituted community groups must have a bank account in the name of the organisation requiring two or more signatories and a management board of at least three unrelated people.
- This fund is not open to applications directly from schools, colleges or other statutory bodies. Individuals or groups with no constitution are not eligible to apply.
- Your project must directly benefit individuals and communities in Barnet.
What type of project will be funded?
- We are keen to fund to smaller grassroots organisations and projects.
- Organisations should have an income of less than £100,000 per year.
- The project should be with people that experience disadvantage either on a Barnet-wide basis or in a local Barnet area.
- The project must be completed within 12 months of the grant being awarded.
We cannot fund
- Individuals or sole traders
- Projects or activities that have already taken place
- Activities that support or deliver faith activities. Constituted faith organisations are welcome to apply for projects that deliver non-faith based activity.
What can the funding be used for?
This funding can be used for:
- staff salaries
- volunteer expenses
- venue costs
- small items of equipment that will be used in the project
- overheads e.g. rent and utilities
What reports and information are needed about the projects?
- You must be able to provide the number of beneficiaries in the project.
- You will be asked to provide a short information report about your project. You may also be asked to provide images and a case study for publicity and other purposes, but we understand that images and case studies might not always be possible due to security and confidentiality.
- Hammerson are keen to offer their staff opportunities to volunteer with these projects. Please note, projects where volunteering opportunities are available will not be favoured over those that cannot offer volunteering opportunities.
How will the applications be assessed?
- A Hammerson/Brent Cross Grants Panel will make decisions in September.
- The scheme will be administered by CommUNITY Barnet.