We are living through unprecedented times. While the world around us is changing on a daily basis, it has been fantastic to see the response from our community - you have been amazing. To see so many individuals and community groups rising to the challenge and coming together to focus on supporting those most in need, is truly inspiring. We want to make sure that support is directed to where it is most needed, whether that be delivering food parcels, providing information, sharing tasks like shopping, picking up medications or making connections between offers and needs. We are ready for the challenge.
Register NOW to use NHS volunteer responders
- 660,680 people have signed up as NHS volunteer responders
- These volunteers will be helping with tasks such as delivering medicines from pharmacies; driving patients to appointments; bringing them home from hospital and regular phone calls.
- From today, requests for support for individuals or organisations can be made by any health professional and from local authorities via the NHS Volunteer Responders referrers’ portal.
- Please ensure you have read the instruction document before submitting a request.
- From Monday telephone referrals will also be possible. The phone number and more guidance will be provided shortly.
- All volunteers will have received identity checks (and DBS where required) and role appropriate training.
- The programme is being delivered by the Royal Voluntary Service (RVS) using the GoodSam app which is already used by NHS111 and ambulance trusts.
Whether you are an individual or an organisation, we can help you through the basics of volunteering and supply you with resources you need.